Hello, Guest

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
What's new

Act of Parliament Protection of Tenants Act

Do the members of the house wish to make the below bill into law?

• Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

byeSprite

byeSprite
byeSprite
Author: Amon Gus MP
Sponsor: N/A
Type: Act of Parliament

A
BILL
TO

Establish, protect and safeguard the rights of renters​

Preamble: This bill seeks to grant rights to renters and protect them from unlawful business practices. Currently, renters have no outlined rights per Azalea law and this bill aims to rectify that.

1 Eviction Regulations
(a) Landlords are unable to evict tenants from rented regions during the period of rent without warranted cause.
(i) Warranted cause can include but is not limited to violation of property rules, destruction of property or inactivity.
(b) Landlords are required to give a two day notice prior to eviction.

2 Tenant protections
(a) Landlords are unable to obstruct, destroy, or otherwise modify rented regions without prior consent.
(b) Landlords must post rules for rent regions in a conspicuous and accessible place.
(c) Tenants have the right to take legal action against landlords for evictions if they feel as if it was done without warranted cause.

3 Violations
(a) Violations of this act, when determined by the court, will carry a $100 minimum fine alongside a mandated complete refund of the remaining rent period, in addition to other requested claims for relief.
(i) The mandated fine associated with being charged in violation of this act can be determined by the court's discretion, depending on the scale of the violation.

Enactment: This Act comes into force immediately upon passage.

"By the authority invested the in Kingdom of Regalis, and in the loyal people of Azalea Isles, I hereby declare the Protection of Tenants Act to be law in the Isles, with the full force of enactment."
- Queen Eleanora of the Kingdom of Regalis

Back