Hello, Guest

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
What's new

National Flag Contest

byeSprite

Parliament Member
byeSprite
byeSprite
Parliament's Committee of National Iconography has decided to begin exploring the possibility of establishing a National Flag for the Azalea Isles. To allow members of the public to be involved in this process, we have decided to open a contest for citizens to submit their creations for consideration! Reply to this thread with your submissions.

Guidelines:
- Submissions should include and focus on the incorporation of either purple or orange. Note— submissions aren’t required to have both.
- Submissions should generally be able to easily translate to a Minecraft banner.
- Submissions with more intricate designs will be still be considered, although we encourage the submitter to provide an alternative flag for an in-game banner.
- Submissions will be open for a week, starting from the date of announcement.
- The winning submission will receive a prize of $500.

Screenshot 2024-07-28 at 11.21.29 PM.png

This is my submission for the National Flag. The white triangle points right, representing forward progress for our colony. The purple acts as a tribute to the Crown, and the yellow represents sunlight, evoking ideas of a bright future.

Here's my submission, as our great nation is named after the Azalea flower, it felt apt to put it central in the flag design

Me submission:

1. The red band

Zrzut ekranu 2024-07-31 183348.png
This flag is based of the regional flag of Cassubia(IRL) which is known to be stubborn people who always find ways to solve their problems, it is also a quite wealthy region.

2. The blue crystal
The Blue Crystal.png

(IC)
The red signifies the power and strength that protects the freedom(blue) of the people. The color blue is also known to represent REDACTED which is in this case refering to the REDACTED of the people from the power and control of the REDACTED.
All this is built on a foundation of peace(white)

((OOC))
This flag is specifically design with the tought of independence. The Red signifies the power and strength, but also the revolution against the crown. The blue symbolizes freedom and liberation of the people from the power and control of the Crown. It could also be interpreted as the war/revolution leading through peace and ultimately liberation and freedom.

The blue crystal could be replaced with a small cross or a line for building purposes.
TBC 2.png
TBC 3.png

3. The NAR or the, Not Almost Accidentally Russian
The name comes from me accidentally making a russian flag.

Colors mean the same as above. lol. Diagonals might be hard to build, but I keep making the russian or netherlandian flag when I try to do stripes?
NAR.png

Edit: Crap, I made a diagonal russian flag, I missed that xD

4. The TNGAUSA (Totally Not Greece And USA)
The name comes, whatever you get the point based on the previous one.
Colors same as above.
TNGAUSA.png

5. The New Glory or Star Lacking Banner
Totally not a ripoff of the idea of the flag of the USA (Old Glory or Star Sprangling Banner)

The colors same as above, the line symbolizes the one founding colony.

New Glory.png

here comes my extra ass. Colors can ofc be tweaked lol

Personal Flag.png

Back