Hello, Guest

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
What's new

Minister of Commerce CIF

Kingdom of Regalis

Consideration Interest Forum - Minister of Commerce

The Colony Planning Committee of Regalis, on behalf of the Government of Azalea Isles, has opened up this thread for open-interest submissions to the Minister of Commerce role. Please be advised that this is not an application, but rather just a way for people to indicate that they would like to be considered for the role. This forum will close on July 7, 2024.

The Minister of Commerce will be tasked with developing the foundations to a new Ministry in Azalea Isles.

Expectations for a Minister
  • Ministers are expected to:
    • Remain consistently active through their tenure where possible.
    • Hire, fire, and manage employees in their Ministry.
    • Be accountable to members of the public.

Responsibilities of a Commerce Ministry
  • It is expected that the Ministry of Commerce will:
    • Work with her Majesty's existing economic plans
    • Ensure compliance with financial regulations
    • Advance more employment opportunities for citizens
    • Provide analysis and policy to assist in the long-term success of the economy.

When submitting your interest in the CIF for Minister of Commerce, please use this format:

Name:
Reason for Interest:
Possible Ideas or Plans:
Current Experience in Azalea:

"I swear allegiance to Queen Eleanora, and if selected as Minister of Commerce, will faithfully execute my duties in line with the Mandate. I shall stand by her Majesty and oppose any traitors to the colony."

The Crown thanks you for your support in building our economy.

Name: Stoppers Money
Reason for Interest: My interest in the role of Minister of Commerce stems from my extensive background in economic policy and financial management. While I am a new player in Azalea, I have successfully served as a central bank governor, deputy doc sec, and CEO of various financial institutions in other countries/servers. These roles have equipped me with the expertise necessary to analyse and interpret economic data, formulate policies, and manage financial institutions. I am passionate about using this experience to contribute to the economic growth and stability of Azalea Isles.

Possible Ideas or Plans:

1. Establish a Central Bank: Creating an independent Central Bank to manage monetary policy, regulate financial institutions, and maintain economic stability.
  2. Economic Analytics: Develop comprehensive analytics on key economic indicators such as GDP, employment, CPI, consumption/production, government expenditure and income, and private/business investment. This data will inform policy decisions and help identify economic strengths and weaknesses.
  3. Departmental Spending Analysis: Monitor and analyse spending by each ministry to ensure efficient use of resources and financial compliance.
  4. Employment and Investment Programs: Implement programs such as grants to boost employment and encourage private and business investment, fostering economic growth.
  5. Policy Review and Analysis: Provide thorough analysis and review of policy proposals to ensure they align with long-term economic goals and minimize negative externalities.
Current Experience in Azalea: As a new player in Azalea, I am eager to bring my wealth of experience from other servers to this vibrant community. My roles as a central bank governor, deputy doc sec, and successful investor/CEO have provided me with a deep understanding of economic principles and the practical skills to implement effective financial strategies. I am committed to learning about Azalea's unique economic landscape and collaborating with its citizens to drive positive change.

I swear allegiance to Queen Eleanora, and if selected as Minister of Commerce, will faithfully execute my duties in line with the Mandate. I shall stand by her Majesty and oppose any traitors to the colony.

Last edited:
Name: Lysander Lyon (xXLordLyonXx)

Reason for Interest: I’ve been very heavily involved in suggestions for general improvement of Azalea since I first joined the server. This includes both Out-Of-Character discussions about how we can tweak and improve trades, which have ramifications for the economy, as well as In Character discussions about the economic implications of various ideas and policies (like broader utilization of the gov shop). I’m also very interested in data analysis and (macro)economics in general, which perfectly aligns with the responsibilities of this Ministry.

Possible Ideas or Plans: There’s an immediate need for at least two Departments within the Ministry - one for Monetary Policy and one for Economic Analysis. The analysis department will be responsible for reviewing the impacts of policy proposals, both from within the Ministry and without, as well as general economic analysis to understand current weaknesses. The policy department will be responsible for coming up with policies to solve identified weaknesses, general suggestions, and will also work with politicians or other individuals to refine proposals to increase effectiveness or minimize externalities.

These two departments will work together in building the future of economic policy in Azalea. One will be crunching the numbers, one will be helping with the ideas, and both in unison will deliver refined proposals that will actually address economic issues in a proper manner.

An economic roundtable of citizens to gather increased data on current weaknesses and potential solutions; common sense economic regulation to provide a stable framework for commerce; loan programs for businesses (a very far into the future idea); and Ministry review of Parliamentary proposals to provide third-party analysis are all additional ideas I would seek to implement, although the time scale for each would be very different. Loans, for example, is a far off idea, while the roundtable and Ministry review would be more immediate ideas.

Current Experience in Azalea: I have written three pieces of legislation for Parliamentary discussion. I currently manage two companies; one is a miscellaneous production company (ores, farm goods, etc.), and the other is the largest bank in Azalea (the Azalea National Reserve). Most importantly, I’ve been involved in economic discussion since the start. I’m familiar with our early problems as well as the problems we have now, and I’m open to discussing how we solve them with anyone. Individuals with no concept of how our economic situation has evolved cannot address these problems as effectively, nor can individuals who are closed-minded and have not involved themselves in broad discussions with many perspectives on how we solve our issues. It’s going to take an open-minded approach with knowledge of the current system to tackle what we have now, and I bring that to the table.

"I swear allegiance to Queen Eleanora, and if selected as Minister of Commerce, will faithfully execute my duties in line with the Mandate. I shall stand by her Majesty and oppose any traitors to the colony."

Name: Random Intruder

Reason for Interest:
I hope to see more care placed towards making decisions that will greatly impact the economy of the server as well as offer analytics for companies, the government, and as a whole.

Possible Ideas or Plans:
1. Creation of an analytics department to identify trends in consumer and government spending.
2. Creation of a financial institutions department to oversee the creation and management of financial institutions
3. Create a department to monitor the status of jobs, including bugs, and suggest buffs/nerfs needed to the queen.
4. Help create a standardized pricing model for pastes and help MUD manage intake of building blocks.

1. Deputy Minister of Social Services
2. Co-Runner of Azalea National Reserve
3. Successful miner and business owner of RandomCo.

Name:
Luke201556 (LukeTheGreat)

Reason for Interest:
As a long standing businessman and lover of economics I would like to work towards developing the economy for the benefit of all.

Possible Ideas or Plans:
-Develop a active team of economists to track the and coordinate the status of the economy.
-To help increase business relations between government and company's in order to help begin and help the economies growth.
-To create new sub-departments: The Economic bureau (for the tracking of the status of the economy and currency supple), The Business Relations bureau (for the coordination of business to government and government to business cooperation in order to strengthen the economy) and a Board of Companies in order to help business owners have a unified voice when communicating with the government.

-CEO of Arasaka International
-Guide of the COSS
-Owner of MegaMedia Co
-Manager of the Arasaka Wholesalers
-CEO of the LandRegistry

Last edited:
Name: Matthew Capel (xtub12345)
Reason for Interest: Commerce is something I have a interest on specifically because of my experience on other servers like CityRP, it feels like a government job I can preform well in and still get an introduction to the server.
Possible Ideas or Plans:
-Commerce Specific Grant
-Some sort of "Business Board" dedicated to making it easier for businesses to operate along with encouraging business ownership of newer players.
-Running Survey's across Azalea to gauge the economy's current state.
-Bi-Weekly or Monthly Reports on the economy.

-I spend all my time on the server farming

The Colony Planning Committee of Regalis thanks all applicants for their time and efforts in expressing interest in this role. We are appreciative of the passions and experience that each hopes to bring.

Her Majesty and the committee will now determine the appointment of the Minister of Commerce with consideration for the advice of the Azalea Isles Parliament.

Back