Hello, Guest

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
What's new

Trade Job Miner Guide

• Thread Author
Welcome to the Miner's Guide! As a trade job, you can enter the mining trade at the university. Ensure that you wish to become a miner - as you will be unable to switch trade jobs for at least 48 hours after becoming a miner.

Exploring the Mines​

Here are the various locations in the mines that you can access as you advance in your trade job. Once you have unlocked access to the mine, you will need to travel through an NPC usually located at the bottom/end of the mine. This may involve navigating or using parkour to get to the next level.

AccessMine Level
Everyone 1 - Starting Mine
Level 2 Miner2 - Blazing Depths
Level 3 Miner 3 - Jungle Adventure
Level 4 Miner4 - Enderman's Cave
Level 5 Miner5 - Gold Rush
Level 6 Miner6 - Withering Debris
Level 7 Miner7 - Polar Directions
Level 8 Miner8 - Treasure Trove

Dungeon Battles​

When exploring the mines, be careful! Part of your job as a miner is to battle the mobs you encounter in the mines. These are more advanced than the typical vanilla mobs, as some have higher levels and can cause greater damage. From jungle zombies to angry polar bears, there are many aggressive entities you will have to defend yourself from.

Regenerative Mines​

You may soon find out that excavating ore on CityRP is different from vanilla Minecraft. In the mines, chunks of ore are scattered around the cave and visible to everyone. When you break blocks in the mine, it turns to bedrock temporarily. After an extended period of time, the ores and blocks will regenerate so you can always return later if you run out of materials to mine.

Player Level System​

Miners can improve their level by completing quests related to your job. As you advance your levels, you will be able to travel to new locations in the mines. Throughout your quests, you will interact with a range of various NPC characters. This includes an eager advisor, Alex, who is the first character you will interact with.

As you advance levels, your job title will also change:
  • Level 1: Explorer
  • Level 5: Miner
  • Level 8: Dungeoneer

Completing Quests​

Upon getting a trade job on the server, you will get a book titled "Journal" that will contain objectives for your job. This includes speaking with NPCs, collecting materials, and delivering some materials to NPCs. Each trade job has a varying number of quests, ranging from the amount of levels to the job (i.e. 1 level = 1 quest). Once you complete a quest, you advance your next level and can receive rewards. While your quest progress will save if you change jobs, you can only complete quests for the current job you hold.

When you enter into a conversation with an NPC for a quest, you are locked into it until you hit the SPACEBAR or right-click on the message in chat. As your objectives change, you will see a *Journal updated!* notification in chat, which will inform you that the book has changed.

For the job of Miner, you will visit three NPCs throughout your quest:
  • Alex
    • Helpful Miner, located at -1616, 117, 1237
  • Hartman
    • Mining Hermit, located at -1593, 117, 1204
  • Jude
    • Storyteller, located at -1590, 117, 1240
In order to navigate to these NPCs with a live compass arrow, you can use the /gps-coords <coordinates> command. For example, if you are trying to locate Jude, you would do /gps-coords -1590 117 1240

Objectives for quests can vary. If you are asked to deliver materials to an NPC, you must ensure you have the full amount in your inventory. For example, if the objective is to give 128 dirt to an NPC, then you must have at least 128 dirt in your inventory when you click on the NPC. You do not need to have the item equipped in your hand, as the NPC will take it directly from your inventory. Your progress will be tracked with a checkmark on the "Journal" book.

Please be advised that any abuse of the quest system is prohibited by the rules and may result in severe punishment. Since the quest system is in beta, any issues or exploits need to be reported to staff.

Back