Hello, Guest

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
What's new

General Guide Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread Author

General Questions​

I am encountering an issue on the server, where do I go to report it?
Players can report issues on the server through a ticket in-game or through discord. You can do this by going to the #support channel on discord.gg/cityrp, or in-game by doing the command /ticket

Where can I go to get resources?
There are two key exclusive resource-generating areas on CityRP. This includes the mines and resource island. You can travel to them by X. When mining and harvesting resources in these areas, you will notice that the block you mine is replaced with bedrock. Over time, the original block you have broken will regenerate back into the block you broke. The island is available to everyone, however only the first level of the mine is open to non-miners. You can find the mine and resource island via /warps

Job-Related Questions​

How do I get seeds with the custom crops?
You can get seeds by breaking grass just like in vanilla mode. This can be done by renting a farm plot and using bonemeal, or by using the resource island.

Where can I get the materials to craft things for my job and quests?
You can get materials by buying them from other players or going to one of the resource harvesting areas (via /warps). If you are looking to buy from other players, you can find materials in various stores and ask in #marketplace on discord for items you cannot find in-game.

Starting a Business​

How do I open up a shop?
You'll need to rent a space for a shop or buy a plot. You can do this by clicking on the sign of a rentable space, or buying a plot via /as buy. Just make sure you have the money to afford it! Once you have a place to start your shop, you can collect materials in resource harvesting areas (/warps), or buy them from other players.

How do I set up a chest shop?
Our server has chestshops, which allows you to sell your items 24/7 even when you are not online. This can be set up by placing a sign on a container with the following information:
  • Line 1: Username or leave blank
  • Line 2: Amount you want to sell
  • Line 3: Price for that amount. Use "B" if you want players to buy items from you, and use "S" if you want to buy items from players.
  • Line 4: Item name, alternatively you can just put ? if it is already in the chest
  • For example, a chestshop sign for Westray selling cobble at $30 per stack should look like:
    • Westray
    • B30
    • Cobblestone

Back