Hello, Guest

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
What's new

Act of Parliament Amendments to the Farm Regulation Act

Do the members of this house wish to bring this bill into Law?

• Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstaaaaain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplyMadi

SimplyMadi
SimplyMadi
Author: Regyna Allen MP
Sponsor: N/A
Type: Amendment to an Act
A

BILL

TO

Amend the Farm Regulation Act
Preamble: These amendments are intended to better define what is classified as a farm, establish who has the responsibility of evicting violating individuals, allow leniency for any individuals coming into possession of plots already violating this bill, as well as simply reword and remove unnecessary words.

1 Definitions - Edited (b)
(a) Farm Plot: Any plot starting with the letter “F”.
(b) Farm: Any collection of 2 or more of the following animals: Cows, Mooshroom, Pigs, Chickens, Sheep, Horses, Donkeys, Llamas, and Goats. Additionally, it could be any tilled land larger than a 2x6 area capable of, or currently growing produce.
(b) Farm: Any collection containing two or more animals of one species outlined in section 4. Additionally, it could be any land larger than 20 blocks, currently growing produce. This includes non-farmland-required crops such as cactus, sugarcane, and cocoa beans. (This is excluding farmland used for decoration use)
2 Animal Overcrowding Regulations - Edited (a)
(a) All animals kept and/or farmed
on any farm plots must stay at a max of 40 individuals per chunk.

3 Farm Plot Requirements - Removed unnecessary words from (a) and (b)
(a) Any individual or group wishing to rent or own a farm plot in whichever zone the government chooses to be for farming must meet one of the following criteria:

(i) The owner of the plot must have the 'Farmer' trade job.
(ii) At least one individual with the 'Farmer' trade job must be added to the plot.
(b) Failure to meet one of these criteria will result in the denial of the right to rent or own a farm plot in whichever zone the government chooses to be for farming.
(c) If an existing plot owner fails to comply with these requirements, they will be subject to eviction from the farm plot.
4 Farm Location Restrictions - Addition of (c), (c:i) and (d)
(a) Farms may only be created and maintained on designated farm plots.
(b) The creation or maintenance of farms outside these designated farm plots is prohibited.

(c) The collection of animals this applies to are cows, mooshrooms, pigs, chickens, sheep, horses, donkeys, llamas, rabbits, and goats.

(i) It should be noted, that an individual may have two or more species kept outside of a farm plot. Violation of this clause only occurs as soon as the plot contains two or more individuals of one species.
(d) The Ministry of Urban Development has the right to determine what farmland is, and is not, being used for decoration uses.
5 Criminal Code - Edited (a:ii)
(a) The following shall be added to the Criminal Code under a new section labeled "Animals and Agriculture"
(i) Law Name: Improper Farm Location​
(ii) Short Description: Creating and maintaining a farm anywhere but on a designated farm plot. An area of tilled land larger than a 2x6 area, and/or a collection of 2 or more: Cows, Mooshroom, Pigs, Sheep, Chickens, Horses, Donkeys, Llamas, or goats.
(ii) Short Description: Creating and maintaining a farm anywhere but on a designated farm plot. An area larger than 12 blocks growing produce, and/or a collection of 2 or more: Cows, Mooshroom, Pigs, Sheep, Chickens, Horses, Donkeys, Llamas, or goats.
(b) The following shall be added as punishments for the above
(i) First Offense: Written warning and 14 days to comply​
(ii) Second Offense: $500 fine and eviction from violating plot(s)​
(c) The following shall be added to the Criminal Code under the new section labeled "Animals and Agriculture"
(i) Law Name: Improper Farm Ownership​
(ii) Short Description: Owning a farm plot without being a farmer, or having one added to the plot​
(d) The following shall be added as punishments for the above
(ii) Second Offense: $500 fine and eviction from violating plot(s)​
(e) The following shall be added to the Criminal Code under the new section labeled "Animals and Agriculture"
(i) Law Name: Animal Overcrowding​
(ii) Short Description: Keeping more than 40 individual animals in one chunk​
(f) The following shall be added as punishments for the above
(ii) Second Offense: $500 fine and confiscation of animals​

6 Enforcement - Addition of (c)
(a) The Ministry of Urban Development will be responsible for monitoring compliance with this Act.
(b) This Ministry will conduct regular inspections to ensure all property owners and animal owners adhere to the requirements outlined in this Act.

(c) This Ministry will have the responsibility of evicting citizens in violation of this act when required.

7 Penalties - Addition of (f) and (f:i)

(a) Individuals found to be in violation of this Act will receive a written warning and will be given a 14-day period to comply.
(b) Following the initial 14-day period to comply, continued violations will be fined $500 but will increase, the fine doubling for each continued offense.
(c) The punishment for continuing to violate clause 2 "Animal Overcrowding Regulations" is a $500 fine and confiscation of any animals involved in the violation.
(d) The punishment for continuing to violate clause 3 "Farm Plot Requirements" and clause 4 "Farm Location Restrictions" is a $500 fine and eviction from the property involved in such violation.
(e) Once evicted from a farm plot, you may not rent one again for 3 days. Similarly, any other evictions within Azalea Isles due to the listed violations will result in a 3-day period during which you cannot rent the now-evicted, plot.
(f) Should an individual with an active 14-day compliance period unrent or sell the plot without resolving the violation, the next tenant or plot owner will be granted a new 14-day period to comply upon the ministry’s knowledge of such actions.
(i) In case of abuse, the Ministry of Urban Development retains the right to apply the time remaining from the initial 14-day period, in addition to a new warning, instead.
Enactment: This amendment comes into force immediately upon passage.

Last edited:
"By the authority invested the in Kingdom of Regalis, and in the loyal people of Azalea Isles, I hereby declare the Amendments to the Farm Regulation Actto be law in the Isles, with the full force of enactment."
- Queen Eleanora of the Kingdom of Regalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back